Friday, April 17, 2009

Brothers: Can't Live Without 'em

I was just looking through some old photos of past trips to Squamish with my brothers and it made me really miss them. I think that the relationship you have with brothers is something extremely special and to be vastly appreciated. Some people never even get the chance to have a brother so if you do have one consider yourself lucky.

I have two of them, both older and I know that I'm blessed beyond words for a few reasons: they're amazing fellas, we're all each others best friends and we all share passion for outdoor sport which has seen us through some awesome adventures together.

The Brothers Charles
Sure we had our spats when we were kids but I honestly can't remember the last time we disagreed on something. I love Cam and Trev so much and one thing I think everyone should do is never hesitate to tell the people you love in life that you really do. It might be awkward or you might be worried they'll think it's an odd expression of your emotion but it's always worth it.

Last year Cam lost a very close friend who I had become good friends with also and it was my first experience of having to deal with the loss of someone close enough that it really affected me. It also made me realize that nothing's ever for sure in life. You never know what's going to happen.

Anyhow, take (or make) your next opportunity to tell your bros or sis's that you love'em...it's fun, they'll be right chuffed and it feels awesome that you know they understand how much you really appreciate them.

T-Bone: 2008 Craftsman of the Year, Dad and the next Laird Hamilton

CamShaft: Climbing machine, University Professor and the next Lance Armstrong

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Fras! Trev and I were just talking yesterday about how awesome it will be to have a Charles brother adventure week this summer in Vancouver, I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHOO!! Me neither...look out Vancouver!!!

    ReplyDelete